Our priority has always been and will continue to be the safety and health of our patients and work family. We closely follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Our practice is committed to the following:
- All employees will continue to be required to wear PPE in compliance with CDC guidelines in the clinical areas.
- Employee temperature screenings will be conducted daily before entering the workplace.
- Employees will continue to wash their hands and use sanitizer frequently.
- Our office will continue to be cleaned professionally multiple times each week, in addition to our thorough cleaning in between patients.
- Except when necessary to ensure patient privacy, doors will be left open so door knobs/plates will not be touched by each person entering and leaving the premises.
- If requested, we will text message you on your desired phone number when our provider is ready for the appointment. Please call our office when you arrive to request this service.
- Patients will be asked to limit personal belongings brought into the office.
- Masks must be worn when entering our practice based on the current guideline. Cloth masks should not be placed on young children under age 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
- Patients and parents will be asked to either wash their hands with soap and water in our new “hand washing station” or use an Isopropyl Alcohol wipe supplied by the front desk staff.
- Patients and caretakers will have their non-contact temperature taken on arrival.
- We have installed glass dividers for our video game units along with disposable covers so our patients can enjoy some “normalcies” of childhood. All shared materials such as magazines and brochures have been removed.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We have added a UVC wand to help with regular cleaning of our reception room chairs.
- A “touch-free” garbage can is in the patient area.
- Checkout procedures will have "touch free" credit card readers. In office, we will be accepting only credit and debit card payments, NO CASH.
- Patients and employees will not be allowed to bring visitors to the office, unless medically necessary.
- Custom safety glass has been installed in the administrative area to separate administrative staff from patients.
- Custom safety glass has also been installed in the hygiene bays, orthodontic bay, and individual doctor operatories.
- We have added hospital grade filters to our HVAC system along with additional hospital grade air purifiers throughout the office
- While we went to digital charting a few years ago, we have gone fully digital with our HIPAA compliant patient forms as well. Patients and their guardian will receive a COVID-19 screening form before their treatment. We ask that you complete the form prior to your upcoming appointment so it can be confirmed that no changes have taken place at your appointment.
- Patients must complete, prior to the appointment, updated digital forms found on our homepage at www.pediatricdentalcare.com.
Patients age 0-18 must complete the 6-month visit digital forms, and patients 18 and older must complete the 18+ years of age digital patient forms.
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to returning to a sense of normalcy. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health & safety. As a practice, we have always focused on the importance of dental health and its connection to overall health. We are happy to answer any additional questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (617) 731-5437 or visit our website at www.pediatricdentalcare.com. We look forward to seeing you, and stay safe!